Saturday, October 21, 2006

Boo


I had the chance to volunteer on a field trip to Whittamore's Farm with Owen's kindergarten class, and I came away wondering how it is that not all kindergarten teachers are alcoholics. I had four kids under my direct care and it was more than a little stressful to keep track of them as they milled around among the other kids.

I found myself constantly scanning the roving packs of kids to make sure I knew whee Owen, Emma, Madelen and Alexandru were at all times. It's like being in the Secret Service, but you have to guard four Presidents.

Anyway, it was fun. The kids all got little pumpkins, and we took a tractor ride through a "haunted" forest. Emma was quite certain there would be werewolves, which had Alexandru a titch nervous. When we made it back alive, Alexandru hopped off the hay wagon, looked at me and said: "That wasn't so bad."

My feelings exactly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home