Thursday, March 09, 2006

You're a big help


I've written mostly about the new baby thus far, but it should be noted that she really isn't doing much of anything yet. On the whole, Owen is far more entertaining.

The other day I was putting together a new stroller, which left a large cardboard box in our front hall. I asked Owen to help toss some of the plastic wrap and loose cardboard pieces in the box. He did. A few minutes later I realized he was finding other items in the playroom, declaring them "garbage," and tossing them in the box.

"Owen, are you sure want to throw out those toys?"

"These are old toys," he says, firing another of his cherished Thomas trains in the box.

"OK, so when you're done I'll take the box to the garbage dump."

"No no," he says, with a note of alarm. "The garbage has to stay here."

Ah. Of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home