Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Conversations with Owen, Vol. 1, Iss. V-VI

Vol. V

In the course of potty training Owen, Sue at one point encouraged him to bring Pucky (his stuffed dog that was once blue and is now greyish) with him to the potty so that he could "squeeze" Pucky whilst, er, pooping. I think the idea was it would help Owen, um, bear down.

Anyway, it was inevitable it would come to this:

Owen (on potty): Mom?
Sue: Yes?
Owen: I need you to squeeze me.


And so she did. Just like getting the toothpaste from the tube, I guess.

Vol. VI

The other night I returned home from work while Owen was in the tub.

Owen: How was work, Dad?
Me: It was fine Owen, thanks for asking.
Owen: And how was your computer?
Me: It was fine, too.
Owen: And how was the newspaper? Did you make the newspaper?
Me: Yes, I did make the newspaper. It's almost finished.
Owen: And how was the money?
Me: The what?
Owen: The money. Did you make the money?
Me: Did Mommy ask you to say that?


They both insist not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home