Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Another one for the wedding speech

Owen has been fully toilet trained for some time, but he's only recently shown any interest in, um, self-wiping.

So the other day he conducted his business and called me in to the bathroom after he had finished, proud that he had wiped himself. He had moved on to washing his hands by the time I got there, so I gave him a quick follow-up wipe, as is the plan under he gets used to taking care of it himself.

He didn't notice my follow-up, then asked if I had done so. I told him I did.

So naturally, he bent over at the waist and tried to put his head between his legs to look for himself.

Are you checking my work? I asked.

Yes, he said. Then he sat on the bathroom floor and dragged his bum over a tile, which reminded me very much of a dog we used to have, except the dog only did that on carpet.

It's clean, Owen announced, and pulled his underwear and pants back on.

I plan on telling this story to the first girl he brings home on a date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home